To say that this past weekend was un-emotional would be an understatement; however all for good reasons. I know, when you put ’emotion’ in any sentence it can lead the most of happiest people to think the worst. I’m emotional whether I am happy or sad or anything in between and that’s ok with me. This weekend was pretty eventful as I was promoting the fundraiser for a fellow quilter Karen (@peaceloveandquilts) as well as I took a drive to Clinton, MO.
Fundraiser: To express my gratitude with the out pour of generosity and sincere compassion for coming together as a sewing/quilting community has made me appreciate the community even more than what I already did. I have had an outreach of people willing to donate without purchasing as well as a select few who have done both… I really would like to let you ALL know that there are TONS of hugs wrapped around you as I have no doubt that by tonight, we will SAVE THE QUILT!
Currently we are 72% away from our goal! Don’t fret, all funds will still be going to Karen no matter the amount, as I can’t say it enough, we will SAVE THE QUILT! This quilt has meant and means so much to Karen (we all know what those certain quilts mean to us) and there is no way we can allow for her to lose a piece of herself by parting with it when we as a community can come together for her when she needs it most.
Drive to Clinton, MO: I took a drive with a friend to meet another friend; her mother had passed in the last two years and she was recently renovating the home her parents lived in. Her mother used to do all sorts of things, including quilting, sewing, canning and the list goes on. The home is large and beautiful and set up for a quilters dream! Well, she had a closet FULL of fabric, patterns, thread and the list goes on! She was giving me all that I could use and/or take. I walked away with SIX (XL Black Trash Bags) STUFFED with fabric (knits, cotton, silk, canvas…) along with 3 boxes of scraps and 2 1/2 boxes full of vintage patterns! I was in fabric heaven!
***Each person who purchases a tshirt for the Fundraiser will be receiving a nice extra goody to be added in with their purchase to show the appreciation towards their generosity and help in such a wonderful community!***
The fabric will need to be washed and that is ok by me. It looks like another trip to Hobby Lobby for more bolts! I have lots to organize and put together! I can’t wait to share it all with you!
Everyone remember my Friday post about SAVING THE QUILT and my own discussion of how everything happens for a reason? Well, the sale is STILL on and it ENDS TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT, so be sure to jump in and help support a fellow quilter for a SUPER fun Super Quilt Woman V-neck Tshirt! If you don’t know the story, please be sure to hop on over to my original Instagram post and/or my Friday post!
Ending tonight, Monday, 4/20/2015 at MIDNIGHT, these shirts are for sale for $15.00 each with FREE SHIPPING using the code ‘FREESHIP’ at my Etsy Store. Not only that, but 75% of the earnings will be donated/given to Karen (@peaceloveandquilts) to help save her quilt… I thought if we all chipped in… we could be able to get her to her goal to help alleviate a lot off of her and her family. The remaining 25% of the sales truly is all the shipping, so I will not be taking any from the sale of these shirts.
In other news, I am caught up with my #craftybirthdaybash1 (@cloverandviolet) gifts (I still need to send out month of April’s, but I’m not past due yet!) and she received it over the weekend. I am steeling her post on Instagram as I forgot to take a picture of everything and her pictures of the items turned out much better!